Saturday, November 9, 2019

Thankfulness Challenge – I’m still alive!

Yesterday was weird. I woke up at 3am, which is becoming my norm after going to bed around midnight. At first I thought I had woken up cause of the dog next door but quickly realized it had more to do with the evil magic in my belly needing to come out. For roughly the next 30 minutes I hugged the porcelain God. I’ll spare you the details. Let’s just say it wasn’t pretty. When I went to bed the night before I was fine. I took a quick shower, trust me it was necessary, and climbed back into bed around 4:30. My alarm goes off at 5:30 and the worst headache I’ve ever had was in full effect. It hurt to blink. It was bad. For the first time all year I reached for my phone and texted my boss that I was going back to bed and wouldn’t be in (see previous post about sick days). I immediately turned off all my alarms and took some medicine and passed out. 

It would be closer to noon before I’d wake up again. I was cold and achy and had no appetite at all. My hand’s kept going to sleep on me at random intervals. I spent most of the day wishing I could go back to bed. After trying to eat something at supper I climbed back in to the bed around 7pm and watched some stuff on my phone giving in to the sleeping pill I had taken around 9. Slept really good through the night until about 4 am today. Today I have felt much better. I got up helped around the house, cleaned out our pantry it was a good day. It’s not that I’m feeling better but I’m not feeling worse. If that makes sense. I still don’t have much of an appetite and while my head isn’t hurting nearly as badly as yesterday it’s like a dull ache. So I’m declaring myself well, but not 100% yet.

I keep playing I’m still standing in my head … thanks for that Elton!

Marcy
@beaslma

No comments:

Post a Comment